Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gone Home...

Tonight around 7:35 my aunt Lynda went to be with God. She is the aunt with whom I have always been closest and with whom I have spent more time with than any other aunt or uncle I have. She fought a courageous battle against colon cancer. I think it is natural to say something like "she lost her battle with cancer", but it is difficult for me to say that she lost anything. Through her bout with cancer I saw her faith increase, her walk with God become more intimate and her love for God and others explode. Despite her absence from our tangible lives, I can only think of how she has won. With her victory comes the right to be able to echo the words of Paul, "and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day".

May we all live our lives in a way that leads us to the Cross of Jesus...the only place where peace, joy and love flows freely, the only place that shows the way to where she is now, and forever will be.

1 comment:

TnknOutLoud said...

Blake,
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like her win leaves an empty spot with you. It appears that her life greatly enriched yours.
Blessings,
Howard